My newest website, Adfibs.com has just celebrated it’s 90-day birthday and for about the last 60 days has been getting 400-1000 (just shy of 1k) unique visitors per day, all from organic search (mostly Google). For a long-established website, this amount of traffic would not be very exciting, but for a website that is only a few months old, I would say this is definitely “above average”.
Google Authorship, Author Rank, and Agent Rank – all very hot topics recently amongst bloggers and webmasters. As Google ratchets up it’s fight against spammers and low quality websites, Authorship, Agent Rank, and “Author Rank” will probably come more into play in the future, so if you haven’t already done so you should setup Authorship in your blog or website now. If you need help or more information getting started in Authorship, check out the Google Plus Authorship Community where you can get answers to just about any question related to setting up Authorship.
After you setup Authorship, stop worrying and forget about it completely
Many bloggers and webmasters have become obsessed with what has been twisted into the term “Author Rank”, while others are simply jumping on the bandwagon to capitalize on the trend to make a quick buck from all of the webmasters scrambling to do everything they can to rank higher in Google search results. Out of this frenzy, Agent Rank or “Author Rank” have seemed to become the highest priority for some, but I’m telling you not to get caught up in this whole shit-storm, and here’s why:
- Agent Rank or Author Rank is [currently] not actively influencing Google search results
- Agent Rank or Author Rank may never even become a reality
- IF Author Rank were to become a signal for search ranking and started influencing search results tomorrow, it will likely be only one of hundreds of other factors in determining search result ranking.
- All the Author Rank in the world isn’t going to un-do your your low-quality links, make your copied content original or re-write all of your crappy web-pages
- Author Rank or Agent Rank will likely count more against spammers and “low quality” content purveyors than it will in favor of you – or any other blogger or webmaster
What to do when you stop fussing over Author Rank
- As I mentioned above, you should configure Authorship in your blog or where it makes sense, on your website
- Focus all of that energy that you were wasting fussing over Author Rank on creating great content for your blog or website
- Use all of that time that you were wasting researching every tiny detail of the Agent Rank patent, reading tea-leaves over Eric Schmidt quotes or arguing about Author Rank in online communities on making your blog or website valuable to your visitors and make them want to share it with their friends and come back for more.
If you do these simple things, and do all the right stuff that you know you should already be doing, the rest will follow.
Anyone that knows anything about S.E.M., Adsense, or “makin ‘mo money on the internet” knows who ShoeMoney is. But why is The Schoe so popular? What makes us all want to be like him? What makes us want to shave our heads, check his blog every day and take his posts at DP Forums as gospel?
After many minutes of research, I have put together a comprehensive list of what makes us all live and breathe Jeremy Schoemaker:
Number 10: He’s just a regular guy like you and me
He makes spelling and grammar errors in his blog (just like me!) and isn’t afraid to admit it; He loves to veg out in front of the TV watching Lost and he has A.D.D. and can’t hold a thought for more than a minute or two. Damn, just like me!
Number 9: He wears a lot of cool shirts and stuff
WTF, this guy gets more free T’s, polo shirts and other cool-gear than anybody I know!
Number 8: Hot chicks seem to flock to him
This might be worth more than that giant Adsense check.
…no doubt why the hot chicks flock to him.
Number 6: Hot chicks flock to him and his wife doesn’t get pissed
This is what makes ShoeMoney my own personal hero. If I so much as even look in the direction of a hot chick I catch hell from my wife for days. I guess this should really be titled “ShoeMoney is not PW’d like I am“
Who wouldn’t want one of those?!
Actually, maybe this is why the hot-chicks flock to him.
Number 3: He goes out of his way to help those less fortunate than him
Jeremy is all heart. Seriously though, he does help countless webmasters in the DP Forums.
Number 2: Despite his fame and fortune he has not lost his perspective
Mr. Schoe has not forgotten who he is, where he came from, or what is important in life. It would be very easy for someone as successful as ShoeMoney to become a Rich Jerk, but he seems to have kept his head about himself.
…And the NUMBER ONE REASON EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE LIKE SHOEMONEY:
I’ll leave this one open to readers. Please post your reason(s) why Shoemoney is so popular.